Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Viva el "advertising"!


A cynic is someone who believes that people are motivated by self-interest, who is distrusting of human sincerity and integrity. A terrible doubt is now worrying me: Have I become cynical? Have I become suspicious? Am I an "unbeliever"? Sigh. I think I have, although it's absolutely not my nature. But my cynicism is only restricted to TV commercials, thank heaven! I still love and trust my human fellows. But I have totally stopped believing what they present on television. Although I don't watch a lot of TV, I can't avoid seeing things that compel me to think and, consequently, I feel the need to express the results of my mental "wanderings". So, here is the thing. I have stopped believing in all the ads that are inexorably broadcast every few minutes. I see only a stage (it actually is, isn't it?), where paid people tell you what to do, accept, believe in but, most of all, what you must buy! I am not convinced at all of the sincerity and truthfulness of  those eternally smiling faces, of those white-teethed mouths that glorify not so much the "goodness" of a product (as they used to, and as it reasonably should be), but just try to fill your mind with the incredible amount of money you are going to save, with double offers, free shipping, free gifts and huge discounts. I would like to know if there are people who are still lured by these fantastic promises (and who actually call within the next ten minutes to get an even better offer!!!). Yes, I think there are still lots of trusting human beings who keep on listening and ... buying. Otherwise, how could the advertisers afford to pay so much for their ads?
P.S. I would love to know where the readers of this blog reside. These are the countries I could find out: USA-Canada-Argentina-India-Bangladesh-Saudi Arabia-Italy-Australia-England-Estonia-Philippines.
*If I overlooked any country (the map I have is very small), please let me know. Thank you, I appreciate it. :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment