Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Symbolic Painting


When I was in Maui (Hawaii), I bought this wonderful painting. I saw it in an art gallery and I felt an immediate attraction towards it. I knew that I had to have it. At the time, I simply liked it. Later, it provided me material for reflection. When it was delivered, I hanged it on the wall and started really looking at it. I realized that, at least for me, this image had a secret meaning, a hidden wisdom that I could discover if I tried. The appearance is clear enough. The upwards hands across the chest, the other hands descending from above to hold and protect, the rays of life which, generated from the midsection, create a sort of wrapping, a shell, a kind of protective fold around the beautiful figure. My considerations brought me to see this image as a representation, a symbol of life. Human existence starts from the womb - in a physical way -  and energetic confidence establishes a connection with the above. What is the "above"? Whatever you believe it is. It is something that you cannot identify materially, you cannot even describe with words. You just feel its presence, you unconsciously "know" that there is a sort of power to which you are connected in some way. These three forces, matter (the womb), energy (the crossed hands) and spirit (the hands from above) create a WHOLE that makes a peaceful existence possible on Earth (beautiful, serene face). Finally, the closed eyes show total acceptance and trust, the ultimate elements of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment