Sunday, April 8, 2012

Too Late


Do you have regrets? If you do, what are you regretting the most, so far, and what are you planning to achieve or change before the end of your life?

As read in "The Guardian", a nurse - while assisting patients in their last moments- realized that these are the top five regrets they expressed:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life that others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn't worked too hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Are you willing to examine what your position is in regard to each of the above five points? You might get a useful insight about what is happening in your own life. I have always felt, and therefore believed, that the saddest thing for a human being is becoming aware, before exhaling the last breath, of all the opportunities missed to do good, to be content and appreciative, to enjoy it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment