Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ready To Dare?


I imagine that someone (probably from NASA) tells me: "Tomorrow you can have a ride in a rocket and fulfill your dream of flying into outer space. Are you willing to go?" What would my answer be? It's true that seeing stars close by and galaxies "for real" has always been my secret desire. I've watched numberless times my favorite scene in the movie "Contact", the one where Jodie Foster, catapulted to an unimaginable distance, can actually see beautiful, sparkling galaxies and can even touch the flexible "fabric" of space. Would I go? I admit that I would be afraid but... maybe I could overcome my fear if the desire were stronger. And it probably would. Wow! To be actually able to experience a real quantum leap and dart through a wormhole till the edge of the Universe. What a journey it would be! Certainly worth overcoming the fear of the unknown and of possible demise. The question is: Would I be motivated enough to dare? Here is the key word that I so often mention. Motivation, which I believe to be the greatest force human beings have at their disposal in order to engage themselves into action. If you are motivated by the inner push to help someone, you might even risk your life without a second thought. If knowledge is for you the most important pursuit, you would not mind spending sleepless nights in order to achieve the result you are looking for. If you engage yourself in the spiritual search, you might try audacious forms of quest that others will probably find extreme. Many people have done all these things, over and over. Reflect upon your personal situation. Do you have a driving force that makes you enthusiastic about your actions, your job, your endeavor? Eager to achieve your life goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment