Thursday, May 24, 2012

Let Us “Boldly Go…”



The famous introduction to each “Star Trek” episode says: (The Starship Enterprise’s mission is) “to boldly go where no man has gone before”. Beautiful words, aren’t they? But not only are they beautiful and catchy, they are also inspiring. Think about this : to boldly go where no man has gone before. Wow. Don’t you feel a sort of exaltation simply thinking about their actual meaning? It’s regular people - just like you and me - who dare to willingly and bravely face the unknown, who voluntarily plunge into a part of the Universe no man – before them – has ever explored. This cannot be dismissed as simple science fiction. Some individuals do really have the courage to test new, possibly dangerous machinery, others volunteer as “guinea pigs”, making themselves subjects of experimentation or research. They take the risk because they believe that their dedication can be of help, can push mankind forwards, towards new achievements, a greater progress. I have always felt that those Star Trek words refer to me as well. They remind me that I, too, have a mission that must be carried out by “me”, and by me only. What I am here to do no one else can carry it out for me or instead of me. I am the Captain Kirk of my destiny because I am the only one who can make the decisions that will define what the course of my life will be. And this goes for you, too. Let us ALL feel the pride of being real pioneers in the discovery of any new possible route that can lead us beyond our so-called limits, beyond our idly accepted conditioning, our self-imposed restrictions, doubts, fears. The unknown is our destiny, and we create it moment by moment through nothing else than “awareness”. Once we know in which direction we are going, how to go and why we want (need?) to go there, everything becomes clear. Our action will be carried out boldly,  and it will most certainly end up being successful, and it will positively impact also our fellows’ lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment