Friday, May 18, 2012

It's Not Its Fault!

I was sitting at my computer, watching a documentary on Youtube. Everything was fine, the topic was interesting, the images were perfect, the colors were bright. Then I moved sideways to pick up a paper that had fallen off my desk and... everything changed. From the position I was in, the screen was not showing clear images any more. It had gone "negative", like a film not yet developed. I could not see anything properly because my perspective had changed. Was it the computer's fault? Did I have the right to get upset with it? Certainly not. It was my own position that presented me with an imperfect, almost unrecognizable picture of what was being shown. So, if you sit properly in front of the screen, you will have a clear, enjoyable vision. Shift sideways, and not only do you perceive improper images, but you also feel displeased because you are unable to enjoy the program you are watching. Exactly the same happens in your life. When you look at the world from the right perspective, you are capable of seeing the good there is, you succeed in dealing with others in the best way, you are kind, understanding, flexible. But if you start looking around with a "me, me" attitude, you will behave selfishly, you will interpret the world in a distorted way, and all because your standpoint is wrong. Your outlook on the situation depends on where you stand, on a correct or  an incorrect point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment