Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Full Moon


Last night there was the most wonderful full moon. I was coming home and, in spite of the chilly weather, I took the time to look at it and wonder. When I see such a lovely sight, that could also be considered as insignificant, utterly normal, of no consequence, I always fall into a kind if awe. Although a full moon is actually no big deal, for me it is always a source of amazement, I can't help feeling a sort of reverence for such a spectacular sight we are blessed with every month. A famous Italian poet asked "O moon, what are you doing up there in the sky? Tell me..." And a similarly awe inspiring Italian song says "Look at this moon, just look..." I feel sweetly drowned in such a beauty, in the mystery of what the Universe is, which we know so little about. I am aware that most people don't find such topics important because they are not materially useful. Yes, of course. If something cannot be used for practical purposes, it is not worth exploring. But I, unforgivable dreamer, can't help looking up at the sky, at the moon, at the stars, and wish I could have a glimpse of the" beyond", I wish I could be able to guess what all this really means, what all this actually IS. I long to understand what my place, your place, our place is in this eternal, infinite something that exists, but which many human beings are unaware of and -  most sadly - are uninterested in. Once again, everyone is free to choose and decide what really matters. So be it.

E-mail your comments to:     viverbene@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment