Friday, February 24, 2012

A Lesson About Pride


Pride can be a feeling of pleasure for one's own achievements, as well as arrogance or haughtiness. It can be positive or it can be negative. It is positive when it makes you feel good about yourself, when it makes you aware and appreciative of your qualities and skills. It is negative when it makes you full of yourself, when it gives you a feeling of superiority that prevents you from accepting a helping hand in case of need. And, remember, everybody needs a helping hand one day or another. If you have seen the movie "The Artist" you understand what I am talking about. I believe that there are quite a few people who would refuse a kind gesture from another because they think that this might show weakness, or it might make them feel humiliated. No one is perfect, no one is successful, no one is right all the time. You have your great moments and you have your not-so-great moments. It's okay. It's human. Don't be afraid to ask for help: a shoulder to cry on, a piece of advice, a listening ear, a special hug. I still remember the beautiful feeling I experienced when a friend, just out of the blue, said to me: "Elsa, please give me hug, I need one". Wonderful, indeed. Its memory still warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment