Sunday, February 19, 2012

Body & Mind Fitness


A funny thing happened to me. I have recently started a wonderful exercise program (thank you, Jane Fonda) and I was happy to see how easy the workout was, "all" of it. After a few weeks I started to realize that some of the exercises were a little more difficult than before. They were the ones that concerned my weakest area (arms). This puzzled me. Shouldn't I become fitter day after day, regularly? Why this kind of setback? 
As I always endeavor to find explanations to seemingly illogical stuff that happens every now and then, I  thought about it and came up with a consideration. This could possibly mean that - during exercise as well as in life - when we believe that everything comes easily to us and we start to feel all powerful, we are - sometimes kindly, other times not so kindly - reminded that we are not as strong as we believe we are. What to do? Persist. We, actually, "are" as strong as we think (we can be), but reaching the highest point takes some effort, takes facing challenges, takes overcoming disappointment, takes defeating doubts about who we are.  The key words are commitment and persistence. Try and you will experience it,too.

No comments:

Post a Comment