Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Musical Bliss



While listening to a sublime melody, the final waltz of the ballet "Sleeping Beauty", I have a question for you, if you care to take the time to think for a moment and answer. Do you have a favorite kind  or piece of music, composer, song? Classical, jazz, pop, folk... whatever it is, what feeling does it awake in your spirit? I invite you to analyze the emotions that listening to it evokes in your deeper "self". I like different kinds of music styles and I enjoy listening to them all. But the music of Russian composer Piotr Tchaikovsky is for me the epitome of perfection, it is a music that seems to be written only for me, especially when I am feeling a sweet kind of melancholy that makes me willing to be alone and let my mind and heart float into infinity, with no aim, just experiencing and absorbing the beauty of the melody. His music can raise your soul to the highest places imaginable, in a sort of spiritual heaven. If you know at least a few pieces from "The Nutcracker" or "Swan Lake" you may understand what I am talking about. I am no critic and I am all but an expert. I only know that this  music gifts me with moments of pure bliss. I hope you, too, have a piece or a song that is able to make you happy, no matter for how short a time. Elation of the spirit cannot be measured. It's the feeling and the emotion that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment