Saturday, June 23, 2012

Different Opinions


The weather - although still uncertain and changeable - was quite warm. I had lots of fun looking at how differently people were clothed. Such a huge diversity that it seemed almost unbelievable. I saw some wearing sleeveless tops, others had light shirts or T-shirts on. Nevertheless.... quite a few were wearing jackets and even hooded winter coats! As usual (it happens when I see something I find interesting), this great variety made me reflect - once again- upon the huge difference in perception that human beings experience. (I know that I often  write about the same subjects but... Repetition leads to Learning) . Just think about it. The weather is the same for everybody, same temperature, same sunshine. Yet, some feel hot, others warm, others almost ... freezing. Isn't it intriguing? I believe this to be an additional proof that reality exists all in the mind. Whatever we believe to be true, it "is". You may be willing to think about this apparent contradiction ("Hey, I'm sweating and that guy is in a windbreaker?" or "I find this to be a rip-off and she says it's a bargain?"). Such reflection will be useful, in particular, when you are dealing with someone who has an opinion that greatly differs from yours. You say, "It's so evident that this candidate is much better than the other one. How can't he see it?". But, mind you, "he" is thinking exactly the same about his own political champion (or whatever else you are talking about). Try to be more lenient, to accept people and things as they are, without any negative judgment and without trying to impose your opinion. Each is entitled to their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment