Monday, January 2, 2012

A Quiz


Imagine that five people are trapped in a room with no apparent way to escape. Four have been there for a long time and have resigned themselves to live in that room forever. A new character joins in and starts asking questions about the odd situation they are all in. He boldly declares that there MUST be a way out and  that they are going to find it. The first character immediately says: "We can't do anything. There is no way out". The second says: "I doubt we'll find a way but, on the other hand, we might  succeed". The third says: "I'm sure it will be difficult. I don't want to make the effort, I don't want to face the pain". The fourth one says: "Wonderful. I've always felt that something could be done. I am with you!" The newcomer really succeeds in finding an exit so, after a couple of different tries, they finally escape. Of the five characters, WHO ARE YOU? The pessimist number 1? The doubting but open-minded number 2? The coward, defeatist number 3? The optimist, enthusiastic number 4? Or are you the creative, no-nonsense newcomer? Can  this tell you something more, maybe new, about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment