Thursday, July 7, 2011

May “the worst” be best?


 I thought it to be a natural desire common to all  to show the world our best self, including our physical appearance. Now I am not too sure. I see  people, young but non only, who seem to be voluntarily trying to display themselves at their worst. Unkempt hair, torn jeans, slipping-down pants, untidy looks, underwear showing, ugly T-shirts, rolls of flesh in sight here and there... I wonder: Is this the meaning of being modern, is it a statement of rebellion, of freedom? Maybe it is, maybe it isnt. Some wear clothes that are either too tight or too loose, either too short or too long. There seems to be (at least to me, sorry if I sound judgmental!) a lot of too much  or too little. On second thought, though, too much for whom? If THEY believe its okay, it certainly is for them. Didnt WE (actually I) recently say that ONE truth, equal for all, does not exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment