Saturday, April 30, 2011

Resignation versus perseverance


When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

I was going through the notes I jot down for my blog and  this quote just popped up. I honestly don’t know where it came from. I don’t remember writing it, I don’t know who its author is. What I DO know, however, is that it’s a wonderful reminder for all of us, you included, about the importance of perseverance. Giving up is something that you have certainly experienced (who hasn’t?), one time or another. You tried, and tried, and tried….But you didn’t get it! You kept on trying, but you didn’t succeed! So what? Isn’t it human to just “get the message” and give up? Absolutely! It’s the right choice for you –  if you believe that resignation is an acceptable response. If you don’t believe it, you will make a different choice, i.e. you will keep on trying, possibly in another way, at another time, maybe with a different attitude. Who knows what prevented you from achieving your goal? Sometimes it’s just a matter of perspective. If you keep standing here, the only road you see is the one in front of your eyes. But if you decide to stand over there, maybe a new road will show up. It goes in the same direction, it only follows a different path.

No comments:

Post a Comment