Friday, December 27, 2013

Knock Knock! (Part 1)

I recently happened to bump into an old TV series entitled "Space 1999". Due to the fact that I have always been a big "Star Trek" fan, I just had to watch a couple of episodes and, I must say, it resulted to be fairly good '60s science fiction. What fascinates me most in this kind of old shows is the fact that they used to consider the end of the second millennium and, consequently, the beginning of the years 2000s as a far away time, where the world would be totally different. OK, now we are well into the 2000s. So? How does our world look like? Mankind has certainly not conquered space in the sense of traveling to the stars, visiting other galaxies, colonizing alien planets. We are still here, very much bound to the Earth, in spite of the few space missions, space stations, astronauts' space walks. But... we have technology. We have so many devices that literally turned the world into the long-predicted global village. There are no more secrets, everything (good or bad) is out in the open, no one seems to be willing to have a "personal", private life any more. But, enough of this.
Now... allow me to make a few considerations while I am extending my best wish to you for a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment