Monday, December 26, 2011

Experiences Are Contributions




By mere chance I happened to re-discover an old diary of mine. It was interesting and also sweetly sad - to a certain extent - to read stuff that I had written long time ago. There were some reflections, some things I was planning to do and even a list of things that I was dreaming of doing. Some have been achieved (having books published, traveling to the USA, learning how to use a computer, change hairstyle....). Others, such as going to the Fiji islands or learning how to play the guitar, haven't happened, YET! And, among the many quotes I had  also recorded, I found this one that, I believe, is particularly meaningful: "Our experiences have a purpose and offer us the opportunity to practice the contributions we have been created to make". Wow. This means that whatever happens to us can be used as a tool to be of help - to others as well as to ourselves. This might possibly include what "does not" happen, as well. It is ALL experience. To be or not to be. To do or not to do. They are all acceptable choices that will entail certain consequences. It's a great responsibility but it also makes us feel real participants in the creation of "what is".

No comments:

Post a Comment