Monday, October 24, 2011

To Change Or Not to Change


Is it OK to allow yourself to change your mind? Or are you one of those people who believe that - once you've made up your mind about something or someone- you are not going to change it for any reason? I, personally, have just had an interesting experience. I love quotes and I was going to jot down my comment on an interesting, simple one, whose meaning was extremely clear (or so it seemed). But... oh, my! When I actually started writing, I realized that the meaning those words had "for me", was exactly the opposite of what it had seemed at first. I was astonished for a few seconds ....then I happily went on to write down my changed interpretation. Too often are we rather superficial and prefer to stick to appearances rather than dig more deeply into our beliefs and "certitudes". But it's worth trying, whenever the opportunity arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment