Sunday, October 9, 2011

Intelligence


A very interesting question came up today on my Facebook homepage. A definition of intelligence was requested. I defined it as the capability  to deal with problems. A friend talked about "social" intelligence. I am now intrigued. I had never thought of making a distinction between possible different kinds of intelligence. Are there? Let's see. "Personal" intelligence helps us to face and eventually solve our challenges in a logic way, after considering the possible outcome of the possible actions available. "Social" intelligence might refer to our capability of perceiving a wider interpretation of our environment, i.e. not being restricted by purely personal needs and considerations. Is there also a "spiritual" intelligence? Ummm.... I leave you with this question. It might be interesting to see what we all come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment