Friday, June 24, 2011

Entanglement


When I go for a walk, I like to listen to music on my IPod. More often than not, when I get ready to put my earphones on, I find that the cord is all tangled up. Sometimes it’s more (a total mess it makes me several minutes to loosen up) other times it’s not too bad. This never fails to make me think. As I “know” for sure that I am always careful with the cord when I put my IPod away, where does this entanglement come from? I can’t also help making a comparison with life. We are “careful” to set our cards right, but we lose the game. We are sure we have behaved well, said the right things, done the right deeds, but the result is the opposite of what we expected. So, what’s going on here? Is there a puppeteer behind the scenes who has fun messing everything up? Or is it US who ONLY believe we are doing everything right, while WE are the ones who, unknowingly, do the “messing up” up?

No comments:

Post a Comment