Saturday, February 12, 2022

Be careful!

When something upsets you, when you are really angry, when you are hurt by someone, you may have the tendency to take drastic decisions. ‘I quit!’, ‘I’ll move!’. “I’m breaking up’! ‘It’s over!’. If you wait till you calm down, you realize that you don’t really want to do it, it was just a momentary ‘explosion’. On the flip side, when you are happy you may be tempted to make promises that are a bit too extreme.‘I’ll give you…’.‘I’ll take you…’.‘I’ll buy…’.‘I’ll do…’.'From tomorrow I…’All wonderful promises, to yourself or to someone else. But, as anger makes you see all too black, so happiness makes you see all too luminous. Neither view is advisable. In order to take an important decision, or to make a weighty promise, your mind needs to be clear and your mouth used wisely.




No comments:

Post a Comment