Sunday, January 26, 2014

Selfishness

Selfishness is a sore. But, if you told anyone that they are selfish, they will immediately deny it. The selfish person, in fact, totally believes that they are only giving themselves what they have a right to. They say, "I deal with people the way 'I' find it suitable. 'I' do not accept any imposition or advice.You do not talk to 'me' like that! 'I' need this. 'I' have the right to that..." and so on. 
It is always I, I, I. They do not realize that their attitude may hurt others, that their behavior may offend another, that their 'I' talk makes their interlocutor feel worth nothing.
I often wonder about the blindness of those who, only because they have problems, take the liberty to ignore the needs and feelings of their fellow human beings. How sad, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment