Saturday, August 10, 2013

It's a Party!

Today is my birthday. I neither like nor dislike birthdays. I believe that a nice little family celebration is okay, just to make you feel that you are loved and cared about. Big parties... well, I'm not too sure about those. Aren't they just an opportunity to show off with friends and acquaintances who, probably, just care about the party and not "particularly" about you? I have always been puzzled about "big" celebrations, especially wedding parties. Some life happenings are so special, personal and meaningful that they should be shared only with those who truly love you. They shouldn't be like any other party, aiming at gathering "everybody" just to have fun. "Special" is an adjective that should be carefully thought about. Special people are exceptions, not the rule, so they cannot include "everybody" you know. Do you disagree with me? Probably you do! No problem, it's your right!

No comments:

Post a Comment