Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Think Again!

There is a story about a man who, after demanding and receiving from a monk a big precious stone, could not help wondering; “Why could he give it up so easily?”. The answer is that the value the monk gave the diamond was not the same as the man’s. What was important to the monk was not riches. He was satisfied with what he already had. Contentment (and consequent gratitude) is a great concept, easy to understand but even easier to forget. When you have what you need or want, you take it for granted and hardly enjoy it to the fullest because you don’t give it too much importance. It’s there… so what? I am in reasonably good health…fine! I have a roof over my head and food on the table…fine! I have a family…fine! I have a job…friends…fine! So? Isn’t it what everybody else has? No, it isn’t! 




No comments:

Post a Comment