Thursday, May 30, 2019

Contradictory Beliefs

When you say "me", what is this 'me' we are talking about? It is your mind. It is your thoughts. It is your beliefs.  What beliefs? Mainly, your ideas about all kinds of stuff, such as the world, other people but, most of all, about yourself. You may entertain  one of these contradictory beliefs:
* I am good. or I’m not good enough. 
* I am capable. or I’m not up to the job.  
* People like me. or People are against me. 
* The world is basically good. or The world is an ugly mess.
* I can be successful. or I’m usually a failure. (Some people even
  wear T-shirts with the caption “Born to lose”. Isn’t this pathetic?)
These are the two basic aspects of the most deeply-rooted human thoughts. They have been labeled as either Positive or Negative Thinking. Which is the one that better reflects your attitude?


No comments:

Post a Comment