Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Minds

I'd like to post a reflection that I wrote a year ago. As things haven't changed a bit (at least this is my opinion), here it is:

An interesting, well-known quote by Eleanor Roosevelt: 
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."
Think for a moment about the way the world appears to be nowadays. How would you arrange these three things in a list according to their importance? (By importance, I mean the amount of publicity they are given by the media).
From what I personally see, 'small minds' come first because what I am mostly shown on a daily basis is gossip about the so-called rich and famous. Second on the list, I would put 'average minds', as some events are made a rather remarkable fuss about. Ideas sadly come last. Where are the 'great minds' hiding? Actually, they aren't hiding. They are simply ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment