Friday, October 10, 2014

A Trial

Although I am not a follower of talk shows, yet I recently had the chance to watch a few episodes of a TV program where two people present their case and a judge makes the final decision, after the audience expressed its opinions. One thing has struck me (and still does!): the fact that spectators (both in the studio and at home) have the tendency to sympathize with the contender who shows fewer morally sound principles. Wondering why it is so, the answer I found is that nowadays people feel the need to rebel against any so-called authority, including in such idea morality as well, (which seems now an old-fashioned, almost obsolete principle). But this is the way it is, take it or leave it. I honestly feel like... leaving it. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment