Saturday, April 12, 2014

Urgent Communication

Modern technology fascinates me. And its extended use amazes me. When I look around, I see people who - wherever they are and whatever they are doing - are also talking on their mobile phones. Walking in the street, sitting at a cafe', shopping at the mall, even driving their car, they are always speaking to someone. I can't help wondering, "What do they have to communicate - so important that it cannot wait for a little while, till they go back home? What is so urgent that it must be shared instantly?"
To me, this is a mystery. I can't understand it because I, personally, when I am out on a chore or for a walk, I focus on what I am doing, on what I have gone out for. I believe that everything else (including phone conversations - unless it's a matter of life or death) can wait till I am finished. But, of course, I belong to another species!

No comments:

Post a Comment