Sunday, February 24, 2019

Art and Feelings

Is there a poet, a painter, a composer that you particularly like? What feelings do their works evoke in you? What kind of feelings are they? Have you ever wondered where do such feelings come from? Some say that the aim of art is to communicate ideas, or to create a sense of beauty, or simply for pleasure. But others say that the aim of art is to generate strong emotions. I agree with them. Art speaks to your imagination, to your sensitivity, to your heart. This explains why you love an artist but you don't like another. I often wondered why I love Renoir but not Matisse, Tchaikovsky but not Prokofiev. For another, the opposite may be true. I haven't found an explanation, though. I am just aware of the feelings they arouse in my spirit. And that's enough for me. What about you?





No comments:

Post a Comment