Friday, July 25, 2014

"Love You As You Are" ?

"Love me as I am" is a well-known expression that everybody would like to see followed by everybody else. Basically it means, "Love me in spite of my faults." Although this might sound commendable and selfless, if you reflect more deeply, you realize that, in a way, it is fair only towards "you" (the receiver of love), but not towards "me" (the giver of love). How come? Well, if you are a smoker, I might not find it fair towards myself to become a passive smoke inhaler to spend time with you. If you throw tantrums, I might find it not fair towards myself to have my feelings continuously hurt by your raging fits. Conclusion? I cannot love you as you are "if" you take this as an excuse to continue to be the worse you can be for your selfish convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment